Friday, April 29, 2011

This again?

I am tremendously good at ignoring this blog for upwards of a year at a time.

This time, I have been told to put it to use, by my friend Ben Claridad. Ben is large and menacing, so I figured I should do it.

Right now, I'm in Davis, CA, visiting for the weekend. This is what's going on in my life that is relevant:

1) My knees hurt. They have hurt for quite a while. Months. Squatting is the worst. I've tried taking time off from it, box squatting and mobilizing like crazy...everything works, but only a little. My next plan is to deadlift and do upperbody work and no conditioning, while doing very light box squats and mobilizing a lot. If I'm not good to go by May 15th, it's MRI time, and then it may be surgery time. I sure hope not.

Actually, that's pretty much all that's relevant right now. I can't decide what to do with my training until I know what's going on with my knees. For now, I'm just spinning my wheels. Tomorrow I'm going to go to Midtown Strength & Conditioning in Sacramento, take some Vitamin I, and hit the lifts - snatch and clean & jerk. This is a stupid idea, but I want to. Time off starts Sunday.

Training


Press
200x3x4
200x5

I was feeling good and after the third rep of my last set, I decided to keep going. 5 is a rep PR by one. I'll take that, since I did 4x3 first.

Weighted Chins
50x3
60x3
50x3x3

Whatever.

2 comments:

JimmyJames said...

bro - no shout outs?

Tsypkin said...

Bro - I don't even know what you just said. But I love you, Bro.